Thursday 8 August 2013

Week 21 - 23 Fitness & End of July Weigh In

July and the first week of August have quickly disappeared. I was doing awesome on the burpees until I got to Red Deer for my brother's wedding. I managed to throw my back out in the first 2 days there and it took several more after returning home to get it moving comfortably again.

The wedding was awesome, and I am definitely pleased with how I did on my goals of losing weight and toning up before the big event. With just under a week before the wedding I weighed in at 218 lbs, which brings my total weight loss to that point to 24 lbs!! I felt great in my dress and enjoyed dancing with Monkey and GeoDad during the reception.

This is what I have been up to fitness wise for the last 3 weeks:

July 22: 52 burpees and walk with kiddos and dog. Work in the evening.
July 23: 53 burpees. Work in the evening.
July 24: 54 burpees.
July 25: 55 burpees and my first bike ride with both kids in the bike trailer (finally got a helmet for LB so he could come too). I tried to bring the dog, but she is stupid around bikes and was running into my front tire or pulling the bike sideways. We also managed to knock down 2 garbage cans in the alley within the first half block of riding. We went about 4.5 km total which was enough for LB but Monkey wanted to go longer.
July 26: 58 burpees (I miscounted and did 2 extra, oops). Worked in the evening.
July 27: 57 burpees. Worked the whole day. My feet are tired after doing that.
July 28: 58 burpees. Less than a week until the wedding, and I weighed in at 218 lbs. Woohoo down another 2. Feeling good. I also tried on the dress I plan to wear and it looks great with the right undergarments.

July 29: 59 burpees and worked in the evening.
July 30: Day 60 of the 100 day burpee challenge. I think it is definitely working to get me in better shape.
July 31: 61 burpees.
Aug 1: 62 burpees. Today I am wearing shorts that I bought the summer before I was pregnant with Monkey (2010), this is the first time I have fit into them since!!
Aug 2: 43 burpees. Ran out of time to do more before the rehearsal dinner we hosted at Mom's house for my brother's wedding.
Aug 3: Wedding Day - fell off the burpee bandwagon so much to do to get ready, and so many people to visit all day with lots of family coming from far away.
Aug 4: Had a great time yesterday, but did not sleep nearly enough. Continue to be off the burpee bandwagon. Rather than doing make up burpees for the next bunch of days I am going to give myself 2 more days to finish the 100-day challenge.

Aug 5: Burpees derailed by back pain. I have managed to get my hips and lower back into a state of discomfort that doesn't allow for me to do any pushups/burpees/etc. Rather than trying to do all the make up burpees I have missed over the last week I am going to start fresh at day 64 when I can move again. Make that about 4 or 5 extra days to finish the 100-day challenge.
Aug 6: Still in pain. Tried to see if a bike ride would loosen up my back, went for about 20 minutes with the kids in the trailer behind me. LB doesn't like wearing his helmet yet so he was freaking out most of the time.
Aug 7: Feeling way better and able to move again. 20 burpees to catch up on the ones I missed on Aug 2.
Aug 8: 64 burpees. I will not being doing make burpees from now on, I am going to get to 100 days of burpees, but it is going to take a few extras days to get there.


I would have liked a picture of myself without a kid in my arms at the wedding, but it didn't seem to work out that way. LB and Monkey were both long overdue for naps by the time the ceremony finished. Anyway, here is the current photo of me dressed up!

And finally, my end of July or early August weigh-in and measurement numbers:

As of August 8th:
Weight: 217 lbs (down 8 lbs since June 30, down 25 lbs total)
Chest: 35 inches (no change from June 30, down 2 inch total)
Waist: 38 inches (no change from June 30, down 4 inches total)
Hips: 48.5 inches (down 1.5 inches since June 30, down 2.5 inch total)


Thanks again for reading and being supportive. 
GeoMama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.