Wednesday 27 November 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday: Thank You.

Although I live in Canada, it is Thankgiving south of the border this week, so I think it is a great time to say some thanks for a few things.

Thank you for all the fantastic and encouraging comments on my last 2 posts. I feel overwhelmed and excited that so many of you are inspired and appreciated what I have been doing.

Thank you for those that have decided to follow my blog. While for the most part I write to document my own progress, it is nice to have people to show things to, ask for opinions and to share tips and tricks with.

Thank you to my coworkers at my LQS who are always ready to give me a hand picking fabric

Thank you to my family and friends who started reading at the beginning of my blogging.

Thank you to GeoDad, he has been supportive, and allowed me to duck downstairs to sew instead hanging with him every evening. He has helped pick fabric, and held finished quilts up for photos.

Thank you to my Grandma, who has let me use her old sewing machine (the Elna) all year, as well as her newer Husqvarna a bunch. (I currently have her serger at my house). Without my Grandma, I doubt that I would have taken up quilting. I love spending time with her and she is the quilter who inspired me to start.

And now for the WIP report for the week.
On the sewing machine, I did my first bit of free motion quilting on the Oink-a-Doodle Moo Quilt in the sashing. Only 16 inches of sashing done so far. And I made my binding for the quilt.

I have also basted another 140 white hexies. 

Linking up with Freshly Pieced today. 

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone who will be doing that tomorrow. 

GeoMama

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to have a Grandma around to teach you and encourage you! I had an aunt who encouraged me when I first started quilting, these are such precious people in our lives!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.