Saturday 28 December 2013

Homemade Christmas Continues

In the week before Christmas I finished 2 more gifts.

I made a little lunch bag sized tote for my sister in law. This little bag is about 12"x12"x3". I managed to make it using all fabric from my stash (the green strips on the outside are jelly roll strips is from the same jelly roll I am using on my hexagon flowers), and the lining is the dark green I used on my Moses' Basket quilt which lives on my bed. I used webbing inside the handle to give it some support. There is a pocket inside with strips too. No wasting ends of the jelly roll on this one.



My mom also got a tote, hers is bigger (but I definitely didn't measure it, nor did I follow directions very well, so I needed to add a ~3" piece all the way around the top to make it fit the pocket I made. 

For this bag I knew I wanted to have a house on the pocket because my mom designs houses and does working drawings for builders. We have often joked about red doors, and how sometimes they are just the unique thing a house needs and how sometimes they are completely out of place. I drew the house and paper pieced it, then sewed a backing on it and turned it to be a nice little pocket. I also did my first set in zipper for one of the interior pockets.
Inside zippered pocket
Inside pockets
Again, this was made from fabric in my stash. All the text fabric I acquired at my local quilt store the week they had the clearance fabric on for $3/m, I used most of 3 half meter cuts and a bit of a fourth. I would have used a zipper that wasn't green, but I didn't have one at home and I really wanted to just put it in. 

I was going to make an Ipad cover for my brother, but found out a few days before Christmas that he sold his Ipad. Instead I gave him the fabric I had purchased for his project with a note saying I would make him something of his choice. Hopefully I will get organized and in a few days he will have a cover for his new Ipad Mini. 

I am aiming to finish the Ipad Mini cover as my final project for 2013 and I am super excited to get going on some fun ideas I have for 2014. 

Thanks for checking in. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best in the New Year.
GeoMama






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.