Wednesday 12 February 2014

WIP: Hexie Tote Bag - Trial Run #1

It is fast approaching Valentine's Day, so I got my February block done for the Block of Month over at The Hexie Blog. Here it is, the 2 fabrics are from the jelly roll of batiks that I have used bits of for 3 other projects.

I got through my first model of the Hexie Tote Bag, and there are definitely a few kinks to be worked out. I am glad that I have been writing the pattern as I go because I am easily able to go back and make edits that will make the final product exactly what I want. Anyway, although this one isn't perfect I did learn alot and I am excited to show a photo.


After looking at the finished product, I have decided to take it apart and rework some of it right away. The strap is too short for the size of the bag and I think it is also too narrow. These changes will have to wait for a few days.

I have baby shower to attend on the weekend and I am whipping up a playmat for the little guy. This is being made using a 9 degree wedge ruler, and about half the fabric is leftover flannel from LB's Rag Blanket. The little guy's dad is an engineer so I think the gear fabric will be enjoyed.



Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.
Thanks for stopping by to have a look and any suggestions for perfecting the hexie tote are appreciated.

GeoMama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.