Wednesday 5 February 2014

WIP: Hexie Tote - Pattern Writing


I am having a super fun week of sewing. I made a few more Farmer's Wife blocks, finished basting white-on-white hexies (I think there is about 1500-1600 total) for the 'Not Your Grandma's Garden' Quilt and started a new project for which I am writing the pattern as I go.

Here are the Farmer's Wife blocks for the week:
Block 86 - Squash Blossom
Block 19 - Checkerboard
Block 46 - Hill and Valley
Here is all the white-on-white hexies, I had a been putting them in a nice container, but ran out of space, so now each new fabric gets a little bag to live in. As I start to sew them into the quilt I am grab 1 or 2 from each fabric, putting them in a big bag and pulling them out at random to sew into each row.

Almost all the white hexies.. 3 rows are sewn together and on the design wall.  So many baggies of white stuff.. I think I have a problem.. maybe I should go to rehab. 

Just a few of the many different fabrics I used.

Here is sneak peak at the Hexie Tote Bag. As soon as I finish writing the pattern for it, I will be posting it on Craftsy and I will have more photos when it is closer to done. 

Linking with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday and Splish Splash Stash for In Hand EPP Link Party

Thanks for stopping by to have a look. 
GeoMama

6 comments:

  1. that is a lot of hexies! I'm going to try my hand at making them next week.
    It looks like you are sewing yours together by machine too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is an amazing amount of hexies! Such bright farmer's wife blocks in comparison, but all of them are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe at the sheer number of Hexies! Can't wait to see your finished project on Craftsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,it`s great see all your hexies together.I haven´t tried sew them by machine.Can´t wait to see your project.Happy sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a lot of white hexies. Can't wait it see your quilt. I will have to go look up not your grandmothers garden. Not sure I have seen that one. Happy sewing, K

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like you've had your own snow storm of white hexies! that's an incredible amount you've made. it's going to be such a cool effect when all pieced. and your farmer's wife blocks are so sunny and warm! I bought that book on a whim a few years ago before I was aware of the craze. =) maybe i'll have to give them a try someday, too.

    thanks for linking up with "In hand"!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.