Wednesday 19 February 2014

WIP: Not Your Grandma's Garden Hexie Quilt

Everyone at my house was sick the whole last week. We are finally on the mend, but I between wiping snotty noses and napping, very little sewing has happened. But I have made some progress on my big Hexie quilt that I am calling 'Not Your Grandma's Garden'. I have been sewing strips of 10 or 11 hexies together and then attaching to the rows while I watch TV.


I am aiming for about 55 rows, so with only 5 done I am a long way from finished, but I think there is hope of making it someday. It sure does take a long time to sew that many 1 inch seams by hand. 

I also got mail this week... 
Monkey helped me lay it all out for the photo.

a box of Babyvilly Boutique PUL, snaps, and Fold-over Elastic so that I can make a baby gift for my sister-in-law's friend. This is the first project that someone has asked me to do and is willing to pay me for, so that is pretty exciting. The baby isn't due until August, but there are lots of other things I want to be working on, so I am going to try and get this off my plate pretty quickly. 

Linking with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work In Progress Wednesday and Sarah from sarah did it! for HELP for Hexie-aholics. 

Thanks for stopping by to have a look
GeoMama

2 comments:

  1. Hello and welcome to HeLP for Hexie-aholics!!! I read back a little to see what layout you will be using and I love the "falling flowers" layout. It will be gorgeous!! Oh, I may be addicted to hexies but I think basting all those WOW hexies before basting any might drive me blind before it was over. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those hexies are looking really cute! That project looks like it's going to take a lot of dedication!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.