Wednesday 16 April 2014

WIP: Hexie update and housecoats

I have been sick all week, so not much sewing. I made up my mind about background fabric for my Hexie Block of the Month quilt. I am going to use a Tonga Batik called Ink, it is a dark blue black and definitely one of my favourite dark batiks. The new snowflake block is a light blue batik with silver snowflakes and fern type leaves. I also sewed together the April block in brown-ish oranges.
New January Block 
February Block
March Block
April Block

I have done about 1 more row on 'Not Your Grandma's Garden', so no picture this month.
As well, housecoats for my daughter and my niece are about 75% done. Just have binding around the front and hems, and 1 sash to make. Totally doable in an hour if I manage to get down and do it without helpers.

Lastly, my friend who I am sewing the Bento Box quilt for came over and we arranged all the small blocks into a very scrappy layout. I will sew them all into big 4 patch blocks then rearrange again to make sure we have color placement right.
Half the blocks,  final layout will be 6x7 large blocks, I just don't have space to lay that many out at once.
Linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday, Hydeeann for the In Hand EPP Linky Party, and Sarah for HELP for Hexie-holics.

Thanks for stopping by to have a look.
GeoMama

5 comments:

  1. I'm a little slow....now that you show each block I can see that it's going by the seasons and the holidays for the blocks......and I am assuming that they will then be appliqued on to a quilt.
    I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little hexies! That background really makes them pop, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexie pieces are cute. I love the Bento Box! I must try that pattern some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those hexie blocks are so fun! Great colors for the Bento Box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hexieBOM blocks in batiks. I am still struggling to decide on a background so good for you to have chosen a great fabric already.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.