Wednesday 7 May 2014

WIP: Cloth Diapers & A Fabric Pull

I am plugging away on the cloth diapers I am making for a friend. 9 are complete and 2 more cut out with snaps in. I hope to get another 5-7 out of the fabric I have, and thanks to a lovely little surprise in the box I have more fabric than I expected. The flannel I will be using for prefolds inside the covers is on its way.


GeoDad and I have a road trip coming up soon, and my current English Paper Piecing project (Not Your Grandma's Garden) is getting to big to work on in the car (and it is mostly white, and I have toddlers... white + toddlers = bad idea), so I have been planning to start something new. All I can say about it right now is 1" Half-Hexies and these fabrics are dancing wildly in my head. 
They are all Tonga Batiks, listed from left to right with collection-colour:
Boysenberry- Beet, Harvest-Gold, Java Blender - Emerald, Boysenberry-VaVaVoom, Hemmingway-Pollen, Boysenberry-Emerald. 
I am also trying out some new thread, Wonderfil's DecoBob, which is a 80wt cottonized polyester. I have done most of my EPPing with Presencia 50 or 60 wt cotton thread, and find that it breaks often enough that it is a little annoying when sewing by hand. The DecoBob is both finer and significantly stronger, so hopefully it will be nice to sew with. 


Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.
Thanks for stopping by to have a look.

GeoMama







1 comment:

  1. I love your fabric pull. Those batiks are so vibrant and yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.